Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Chinatown Ice Cream Factory

Chinatown Ice Cream Factory

One of the not so hidden gems about NYC Chinatown is the Chinatown Ice Cream Factory for its asian inspired flavors. Its not everyday you can find flavors like ginger, wasabi, avocado, black sesame, and taro.

Being a big fan of black sesame deserts, I had to go for the black sesame ice cream (below). I have to preface my critique with the fact that I was stuffed at the time of tasting, but I wished it had some more sesame flavor. Its not that it wasn't any sesame flavor, it was there, but it missed the boldness of most sesame snacks. Instead it was mild and would have been better with some sort of topping, like some toasted black sesame.

Black Sesame Ice Cream

I'll have to hold my final judgment of the place until I try more flavors and toppings. Hopefully without a full stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment