Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dessert Truck

dessert truck

It seems quite the fad nowadays to take your kitchen, put it in a truck, and drive around and serve food. Its taking street food to another level. I hadn't even heard of the Dessert Truck till this weekend. I have to say, I wasn't blown away. The dessert was decent but the desire to get food there was more for the novelty. This was definitely no Kogi Truck, which I've never personally had but can only imagine its deliciousness.

There's something fun about ordering food on the street. Its not where you are supposed to eat. Real meals are supposed to take place at a table with people in chairs, not standing/walking on the street. But still street food is fun. It reminds me of ordering from the ice cream truck as a child. That's the exact feeling you get from the Dessert Cart. Its an adult version of an ice cream truck and I'm more than OK with that.

Goat cheese cake
Goat Cheese Cake - I felt this was the one dessert that would have tasted better in a traditional setting. Sometimes things just taste better with a little porcelain and metal.

Brownie
Brownie with vanilla ice cream, salted caramel, pretzel crunch - The perfect dessert for this setting. Gooey and good.

Vanilla Creme Brulee
Vanilla Creme Brulee - Pretty standard, nothing to write home about.

No comments:

Post a Comment