Saturday, April 11, 2009

Doughnuts

The second my friend mentioned she wanted to attempt to make her own cake doughnut after an inspirational at Parkers Maple Barn in New Hampshire, I quickly thought of the doughnut recipe from the French Laundry. After looking at the recipe and seeing the glorious picture, I began craving them. Its just my luck that the Bouchon bakery in the Time Warner Building makes them. Unfortunately for me, they are ussually only available on the weekend and I'm almost never around during that time. But since I frequent the Wholefoods there a lot, I figured I would check frequently just on the off chance that they had made some for the day. On my second attempt, I was successful.

Doughnuts from Bouchon Bakery NYC

And soon after I was home with two beautiful doughnuts. Both nice and cakey. Both perfect for dipping into a nice cup of coffee. Now I just need to get off my lazy ass and make some for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment