Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Baoguette

31 Lexington Avenue, NYC

Vietnamese subs. I've been wanting one for a while, but have never gotten around to grabbing one for some reason or another. But after reading Ed Levine's review for Baoguette over at Serious Eats, I decided to head over there after work and give it a try.I ordered a classic and catfish .

First things first, the baguettes from Tom Kat Bakery is delicious. It's crisped to perfection and unlike many banh mi shops there's not too much bread in the bread, if you catch my drift.

The pate, terrine, and pork belly from the classic are delicious. It had a great flavor and texture. Fatty and flavorful without being greasy. I did find myself wanting more of the pickled veggies and more jalapenos. Nothing that can't be fixed next time.

The catfish was such a delight. The catfish was flaky. It had just the right amount of spice and fixins. It was the better sub this time around. All the flavors and textures came together perfectly.

For the price, its an amazing value, especially in this economic climate. I can't wait to try the rest of the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment